Question about 2005 Yamaha yZ 250 F
Hi, Rob1 and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test, your battery may show 12.5 volts but has little or zero amps and must be replaced.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting, leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or CDI or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2005 yz 250 eletrical issues NO SPARK
Yamaha YZ250 Project Part 1 No Spark
YAMAHA YZ250 Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on May 01, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Sep 02, 2014 | Motorcycles
Nov 01, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Oct 16, 2012 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Am
Sep 09, 2012 | Motorcycles
Apr 08, 2011 | 1994 Yamaha XJ 600 Diversion S
Jul 09, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FXDX Dyna Super Glide...
May 24, 2009 | 2005 Honda CRF 100 F
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: