Question about 2008 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Hi, Gari and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. A severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
13. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
14. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
15. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
16. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
17. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
18. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
19. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
20. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
21. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
22. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
05 Nomad 1600 FI won start
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Kawasaki VULCAN 1600 NOMAD Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Posted on Apr 29, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 03, 2018 | 2008 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Dec 13, 2017 | 2007 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Dec 13, 2017 | 2008 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Feb 21, 2015 | 2005 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Jun 06, 2014 | 2006 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Jun 03, 2014 | 2006 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Apr 14, 2014 | 2005 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Feb 11, 2014 | 2008 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Feb 01, 2014 | 2005 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Sep 07, 2012 | 2008 kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: