Question about 2006 Harley Davidson FLHR Road king
Hi, Dave before testing any electrical component in the Starter Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test because your battery may have 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amps causing the battery to be faulty and must be replaced, especially "AGM" batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2005 Harley Davidson FLSTNI Deluxe Battery Load Test
Testing the Battery and Charging System Harley Davidson FXSTC
Instant Tech Relief To speak to me personally absolutely "FREE"
Posted on Apr 29, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2015 | 1994 Geo Tracker
Oct 13, 2014 | Motorcycles
Sep 17, 2014 | 2006 Jeep Liberty
Jan 28, 2014 | 2000 Suzuki Vitara
Jan 12, 2014 | 2006 Toyota Tundra
May 07, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 25, 2012 | 2006 Harley Davidson FLHR Road king
Feb 20, 2011 | Chevrolet Cobalt Cars & Trucks
Aug 01, 2009 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHR Road king
Oct 31, 2017 | Motorcycles
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: