Question about Yamaha V Star Classic 650 Motorcycles
Hi, Craig and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test, your battery may show 12.5 volts but has little or zero amps and must be replaced.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting, leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or CDI or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Motorcycle Message Board Motorcycle USA
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
Yamaha XVS650 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVS650 Owner Manual
Posted on Apr 27, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2014 | 2005 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Apr 24, 2014 | 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Aug 15, 2013 | 2002 Yamaha V Star Classic
Jul 08, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha V Star Classic
May 19, 2012 | 2001 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Mar 19, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Oct 07, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha V Star Classic
Aug 17, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jul 03, 2010 | 2001 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Oct 16, 2009 | 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: