Question about Motorcycles
Hi, Keith and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test "WARNING" you can have 12.5 volts or better but little or zero amps and the battery must be replaced.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Preventing Backfire on Motorcycle Exhausts DoItYourself com
Motorcycle Message Board Motorcycle USA
Exhaust backfire popping when letting off throttle
why does my bike backfire
Glad That You Asked Why Do motorcycles Backfire
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Apr 26, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2015 | Power Motorcycles
Aug 21, 2013 | Motorcycles
Jun 23, 2010 | Motorcycles
May 16, 2010 | 1981 Yamaha XJ 650
Mar 14, 2010 | 1986 Yamaha FZ 750 AE (U.S.)
Sep 12, 2009 | 1996 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Jul 12, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha V Star Classic
Jun 09, 2009 | 2003 CCM 604 DS Dual Sport
Apr 20, 2009 | Pit SSR 110CC Pro Beginner Bike
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!