Question about 2001 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883 Hugger
Hi, Johnathan and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. A severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below and for more specific information or questions at no charge please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Engine turns over but won start
Instant Tech Relief To speak with me personally absolutely "FREE"
Posted on Apr 24, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2016 | 2001 Hyundai Sonata
Jul 23, 2014 | 2001 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...
Aug 27, 2012 | 2001 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...
Jul 21, 2012 | 2001 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...
Mar 29, 2012 | 2001 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...
Oct 08, 2011 | 2001 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...
Sep 06, 2010 | 2001 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 883...
May 28, 2009 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
Dec 04, 2008 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: