Question about 2007 Yamaha V Star Classic
I have a 2007 Yamaha V Star. And it started blowing black smoke from the pipe going to the rear cylinder. It won't idle at all. When it's running it it's rough as hell.
Hi, Quentin your instrument gauges and lights can alert you to most electrical and engine issues they can not warn you about failed engine gaskets or seals so your engine has to resort to old fashion alert methods of colored "SMOKE SIGNALS" here is a breakdown of their meaning:
1. COLORLESS OR SLIGHTLY BLUE SMOKE on start-up means your air/fuel mixture is at the right composition and everything is well burnt in your combustion chamber.
2. BLUE SMOKE on start-up is usually caused by failed valve seals dripping oil into the combustion chamber when the engine is not running.
3. YELLOW OR BROWNISH SMOKE at start-up means your air/fuel mixture is too lean. Too lean means that there is low fuel but high air mixture in your combustion chamber.
4. WHITE SMOKE on start-up may be caused by a blown head gasket allowing coolant to enter the combustion chamber and may start dripping out of the exhaust pipes or mufflers. Smoke while riding is usually caused by worn out or damaged valves, seals, guides, pistons, rings, or cylinder walls.
5. BLACK SMOKE on start-up is usually caused by too much fuel in the combustion chamber this can be due to air/fuel mixture adjustment too rich, accelerator pump improperly adjusted, faulty choke/enrichner or not in the off position, air filter dirty and clogged, faulty carburetor float needle and seat, pilot jet too large, fuel injectors leaking, smoke while riding is usually caused by the main jet being too large or a damaged carburetor.
It should be noted that aggressive or abnormal throttle operation will cause these conditions to manifest themselves exponentially.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Bike running rough puffing black smoke after carb rebuild
Why Black Smoke soot
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVS1100 Owner Manual
Posted on Apr 23, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
May 19, 2014 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Dec 03, 2013 | 2007 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Dec 03, 2013 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Apr 03, 2012 | Yamaha TTR 90 E Motorcycles
Jun 23, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha V Star Classic
Aug 31, 2010 | 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Aug 30, 2010 | 2007 Yamaha V Star Classic
Aug 30, 2010 | Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A Motorcycles
Apr 25, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: