Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Hi, Darrell before testing any electrical component in the Starter Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test because your battery may have 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amps causing the battery to be faulty and must be replaced, especially "AGM" batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid or starter circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Vmax Starter Problems
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Yamaha MAX Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA VMX12 Owner Manual
Posted on Apr 23, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | 1997 Yamaha Vmax Xtc, V-max Xtc, 600,...
May 18, 2014 | Yamaha V-Max Motorcycles
Oct 25, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha V-Max
Feb 07, 2013 | 1997 Yamaha Vmax Xtc, V-max Xtc, 600,...
Jan 26, 2013 | 1997 Yamaha Vmax Xtc, V-max Xtc, 600,...
Apr 16, 2012 | Yamaha V-Max Motorcycles
Apr 01, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha V-Max
Apr 17, 2017 | 2000 Yamaha V-Max
Jul 10, 2011 | 2000 Yamaha V-Max
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: