Question about Suzuki Motorcycles
I have a Suzuki GSXR 1100. Bike always starts and runs. Some times it runs awesome, other times it runs poorly, as if its running out of fuel (but its not, because i bypassed the fuel filter) I'll Shut it down, and restart it and maybe it will run great again? Some times it will and some times it won't. Its unpredictable. I've taken apart the carberator to clean it, looks good put it back together and same thing.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor damaged, contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
14. Fuel filter clogged.
15. Old or contaminated fuel.
16. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
17. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
18. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
19. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
20. Incorrect valve timing.
21. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
22. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
23. Incompatible performance parts.
24. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
25. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
running rough Suzuki GSX Motorcycle Forums Gixxer com
bogging hesistation at low high rpms
OEM parts for Suzuki
Posted on Apr 22, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2015 | 1998 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Mar 09, 2012 | 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Jan 20, 2012 | 1985 Suzuki GSX-R 750 F
Mar 24, 2011 | 2002 Suzuki GSX-R 600 M
Jun 30, 2009 | 1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750 T
Apr 24, 2009 | 2002 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Jun 07, 2015 | Suzuki VL 125 Intruder LC Motorcycles
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!