Question about Honda Motorcycles

1 Answer

Can I get shorter shock absorbers for my Honda cb 400 super4 as I am short in the leg

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 281 Answers

There are a few things you can do.

1. Get lower (shorter) rear shocks.
2. Move the forks up an inch or two. Make sure you sure measure and move both the same.

3. Get shorter springs for the forks (this is the ideal solution but it takes more work and effort to do)

Posted on Apr 16, 2017

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

400 cb super4 coil leads what plug do they fit on

one coil feeds 1+4...the other feeds 2+3...
the longest lead will be for number 4 and the shortest number 1

Jan 27, 2013 | Honda Cb 400 Super Four Motorcycles

1 Answer

If Seat adjustment is possible in 2011cbunicorn

Your bike has a mono shock. It does have adjustments but it is for ride stiffness not necessarily ride height. But adjusting the rear shock will lower and or raise the seat a small amount. But at the lowest setting the seat height is still 792mm or 31.2 inchs. You may find a shorter shock but it would have to be from a parts search to match.

Sep 18, 2011 | 2011 Honda CB Unicorn

1 Answer

I bought my daughter a Kymko scooter. She is short and her feet will not touch the ground. Can the "chassy" be lowered on a Kymko Agility scooter?

Yes you could lower it by replacing the rear shock absorber with shorter type and adjust the front shocks by grinding a notch to the stopper bolt.
Hope that helps you!

Aug 01, 2011 | Kymco RS2 Matrix Motorcycles

2 Answers

I've a 7+yrs super4 spec2. The problem is, after travelling for a short journey, the bike engine dies off as if the petrol is not going into the carburettor or the carb is not feeding fuel into the...

here is 2 things that comes to mind 1 . fuel system has filter problem . if you let your bike set
the filter settles back . that is why it starts again . replace all fuel filter and line if possible .

2. coils have been known to get hot and quit , and cool and work and stop . have coils checked
and replaced .

if this does not help ? I have other solutions........

Oct 19, 2010 | 1999 Honda Cb 400 Super Four

1 Answer


depends on the usage of bike.. high mileage users yearly or how hard you ride the bike

Apr 18, 2010 | 1998 Honda CB 400 Four

2 Answers

How to lower the st1100

have your local honda dealer do it so that it can be done properly. only other suggestion is to dial up the rear shock preload and lower the fork tubes in the steering stem.

Oct 03, 2009 | 2001 Honda ST 1100 Pan European (cbs-abs...

1 Answer

I would like to know how to lower my honda shadow aero 1100

When lowering bikes, we usually lessen or cut the shock absorbers (front and back).

Accessory places have lowering blocks, they are just a small metal accessory that move the bottom of the rear shocks to the rear and down, I think you get 1.5 inches from them. Then you need to cut or get shorter springs in the front, either will probably make the ride stiffer in the front.

Jul 29, 2009 | 2000 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre

1 Answer

Lowering a '80 honda cb 400?

you can buy a lowering shock absorber at the back and you can lower the fork on front just loose the bolt then you can make it low.

May 01, 2009 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...

1 Answer

2007 Honda VTX 1300 R, nice, but I am a little short. Help!

You can get your seat shaved, or you can buy 2 inch shorter rear shocks. going to get your seat shaved is the cheaper.

Apr 22, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R

Not finding what you are looking for?
Motorcycles Logo

Related Topics:

21 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Honda Experts

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4514 Answers


Level 3 Expert

75066 Answers

Gino Cussen
Gino Cussen

Level 2 Expert

216 Answers

Are you a Honda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides