Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Hi, Dave it has nothing to do with the transmission your ignition timing is off a few degrees and allowing your engine to fire up and run "BACKWARDS" it's a 2 stroke what can I say.
for more information about your question and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
FLYWHEEL MAGNETO TIMING
Two stroke run backwards
Yamaha DT100A 1974 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Apr 22, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the problem is the forward clutch pack has failed in the trans or the hydraulic pressure that applies that clutch pack is leaking. u are going to need an overhaul
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
Same happended to me with exactly the same motorcycle... I solved the provblem by replacing the crankshaft oil seal on the rightside of the crankcase. It solved the problem immediatly!
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
ill do a list of things that can help or be the problem.
1) Pull the coil off and wire brush down all the bare metal. then do the same to the frame where it bolted on. Make sure there is a grounded wire that bolts back onto the coil if there was one, Replace the wire end for the ground peice.
2) Pull off the spark end cap and cut the wire down a few mm until you see new wire then screw it back on. (if its NGK)
3) follow the wire from the kill switch and make sure it isnt grounding out.
4) Hotwire - find the kill switch and unplug it. if this doesnt help unplug the ignition key wiring. on older bikes it will work for ignition but not lights for the key part. if this helps you need a new Ignition barrel / Kill switch.
5) check your wiring harness make sure it isnt grounding anywhere exept where its ment to.
6) make your your engine to CDI is plugged in and has no oxide in it
7) try and find somone with a running bike the same as yours and borrow there CDI, if this helps you need to buy a new CDI or check yours for wiring shorts.
hope this helps if not buzz me (skuly@Hotmail.com)
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
You have the 175G Model from 1980. The engine number starts with 3J1-000101
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
Testimonial: "thanks for the info ,the bike says it was built in july of 1980 would that make it a 1981"
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Dec 03, 2013 | 2005 Yamaha yZ 85
Nov 19, 2013 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jun 26, 2012 | Motorcycles
Jun 26, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jun 21, 2011 | Yamaha WR 125X Motorcycles
Feb 04, 2011 | 1979 Yamaha XS 650 SF
Apr 16, 2010 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Aug 02, 2009 | 1974 Yamaha DT 360
May 03, 2009 | 1979 Yamaha RD 250
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: