Question about 2012 Triumph Sprint GT
Hi, Tony and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
10. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
11. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Sprint ST 1050 Cold Weather Starting Probs
Triumph Sprint ST Service Manual
Triumph Sprint ST Owner Handbook Manual
Posted on Jan 06, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it is caused by low battery voltage run bike for about a mile then stop turn of turn back on wait till abs lights go out then start
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
It has to do with cranking amps. Cold draws electricity. Also metal(i.e. cylinders shrink a small amount, also oil thickins when cold. Its all normal dont trippppp...
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
has your battery being replaced new one might not have sensor if so you can fit a 50 k resistor between the positive terminal and sensor wire located next to the battery this will stop light flashing
Posted on Sep 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2017 | 2012 Triumph Sprint GT
Jun 13, 2017 | Triumph Sprint ST Motorcycles
Oct 20, 2016 | Triumph Motorcycles
May 07, 2015 | 2012 Triumph Sprint GT
Mar 20, 2015 | Triumph Motorcycles
Apr 13, 2014 | Motorcycles
Nov 21, 2013 | 2004 Harley Davidson XL 883 Sportster
Nov 12, 2009 | 2007 Triumph Sprint ST Abs
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: