Question about Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster Custom Motorcycles
Getting 12 volt to the coil, 12 volts to the pick-up sensor but no break in current when turning motor over. Also have 12 volts going to ignition module.
Hi, Torri and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below and for more specific information or questions at no charge please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a nice day.
How 6ya Works 6ya A must have !!! Totally "FREE"
Posted on Dec 22, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 06, 2012 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883...
Mar 29, 2012 | 2001 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...
Nov 15, 2011 | 1992 Toyota Corolla
Aug 24, 2011 | 2002 Ford Escort
Jul 05, 2010 | 1990 Dodge Daytona
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: