Question about 1996 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
Hi, Thomas and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
12. Old dead or bad fuel.
13. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
14. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
15. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
16. Damaged carburetor.
17. Incorrect valve timing.
18. Weak or broken valve springs.
19. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
20. Check for engine trouble codes
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Vulcan 800 Classic Problems at highway speeds KawiForums Kawasaki...
Kawasaki EN500 Vulcan 500 LTD Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 22, 2016
Did it fall off the back of a truck while turning? Have you checked the ditch?
Posted on Dec 22, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2011 | 2000 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
Mar 08, 2011 | 2003 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
May 04, 2010 | 1996 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
Feb 09, 2010 | 1996 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
Jan 15, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
Sep 14, 2009 | 2000 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic...
Nov 10, 2008 | 2003 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
1,086 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: