Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Hi, Charles it should be noted that the reasons your check engine light constant or flashing, will or will not start, turns over or not conditions varies from the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work or event IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying bike down/crashes, rainstorms/bike washings just before EFI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin, also carry the appropriate jumper wire to access fault codes to reduce the risk of being stranded or towed, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
6. Check for generated fault codes.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
For more information about your issue please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Yellow warning light comes on apex but nothing else
Check engine symbol Came on with yellow light
06 10 apex service pdf PDF Archive
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha RX10J Owner Manual
Posted on Jan 14, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2017 | Yamaha 2006 Apex GT
Jan 27, 2016 | Motorcycles
Oct 28, 2017 | Yamaha 2010 RS Venture GT
Feb 05, 2015 | Yamaha 2006 Apex GT
May 23, 2012 | Apex Digital GB5108 51" Rear Projection...
Jul 13, 2011 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
Oct 14, 2010 | 2007 Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar Classic
Jan 25, 2010 | Yamaha XS1 Motorcycles
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: