Question about Motorcycles
Hi, Anonymous you have 2 options either do it yourself or take it to a professional radiator shop. There are many home remedies out there on the internet and Youtube some are ok while others are a waste of time, you only want to do this once and have a finished product that will last forever. In my 50 years of working on bikes I have cleaned many tanks, I have come up with a procedure that requires the minimum amount of time and money but produces optimum results, obviously, the severity of the contamination will dictate the necessary time it will take to achieve the desired end results of forever and no leaks and the best insurance policy is "PREP!!!PREP!!!PREP!!!PREP!!!PREP" and now for the kit, I recommend "POR-15" or "Red-Kote" stay away from any "Kreem" products as I have had issues with peeling in the past and you can get them from Amazon or eBay now for the fun part:
1. Drain and remove the gas tank.
2. Remove the cap-petcock-hoses and plug or tape the openings (not cap)
3. Insert water hose a let run for 3 minutes to remove loose primer flakes
4. Drain 1/2 of the tank replace gas cap shake like a martini for 30 seconds and pour out the remaining water and let air dry.
5. Pour in 1 cup of nuts-bolts-washers-ball bearings etc. and shake like a martini for 1 minute then empty contents, repeat the process until all contamination is removed, flush with water and use compressed air to remove water residue and vapor to minimize a micro-thin layer of surface rust that will start to form almost immediately so it's a good idea to start the installation of the sealing kit asap.
6. Follow kit directions precisely as indicated and you will end up with a finished project that you can be confident in and proud of.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Amazon com POR 15 Cycle Tank Repair Kit Automotive $43.36
POR 15 Cycle Fuel Tank Repair Kits 49229 eBay $36.48
Amazon com Red Kote Quart Coat Gas Fuel Tank Sealer Liner Gas Oil Diesel... $35.97
RED KOTE GAS TANK SEALER 1 QT HARLEY HONDA YAHAMA INDIAN MOTORCYCLE GAS... $29.95
Posted on Dec 18, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2016 | Tools & Hardware - Others
Oct 29, 2013 | 2011 Honda CB Shine
May 30, 2011 | 1993 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Sep 10, 2010 | 2001 Triumph Triumph Bonneville
May 15, 2010 | 2001 Triumph Triumph Bonneville
May 07, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha V Star Classic
Aug 01, 2009 | 2007 kawasaki ZX-10R
Apr 22, 2009 | 1984 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Feb 02, 2009 | 1989 Honda CBR 400 RR
Nov 10, 2008 | 2005 Bajaj Discover
Aug 19, 2017 | Motorcycles
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!