Question about 2008 BMW F 800 GS
Hi Yaniv perform the following tests:
1. Fill acid type batteries to proper levels.
2. Charge battery overnight at 1-2 amps you need 12.5 volts or better after charging.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Hook up battery positive cable, then with your multimeter on the milliamp scale connect one lead to the negative battery post and the other lead to the ground cable. Meter should read 3 milliamps or less, 10 milliamps with a radio, 15 milliamps with radio and CB. If your multimeter reads higher you need to isolate the circuit by pulling fuses and circuit breakers one at a time and observe multimeter for a drop in amperage then get out your test light and track down the short in that circuit.
5. Hook up the multimeter to the battery set it to DC volts and start the engine if multimeter falls below 9.0 volts while cranking you need to perform a proper load test on the battery and replace if necessary.
6. With the engine running at 3600 RPM, the battery should read 14.3-14.7 volts if not continue tests.
7. Unplug the voltage regulator from the alternator at crankcase by the front of the primary cover.
8. To test voltage regulator go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EjV0IjW9Q
9. With the multimeter set to the ohms scale, with one lead grounded, touch an alternator pin ohmmeter should read infinity, if not replace the stator.
10. With both leads touching alternator pins multimeter should read 0.1 to 0.2 ohms on 1989 and later models. 0.2 to 0.4 ohms 1988 and earlier models, if not replace the stator.
11. With the multimeter set on AC volts scale, both leads touching alternator pins multimeter should read 16 to 20 volts AC for every 1000 RPM'S 1989 and later and 19 to 26 volts AC for every 1000 RPMS. If not replace the rotor.
12. Check for excessive wattage load from headlight
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Battery keeps draining over night
BMW F800GS K72 2008 to 2013 service repair manual Download Manuals...
BMW Parts Microfische
BMW 800 GS Rider Manual
Posted on Dec 16, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2014 | 2011 BMW K 1600 GTL
Oct 10, 2013 | Topcase Rack BMW F650GS, 08- & F800GS, 08-
Mar 31, 2013 | BMW Motorcycles
Aug 23, 2012 | 2008 BMW 528i Sedan
Jul 07, 2012 | BMW F 800 GS Motorcycles
Sep 19, 2017 | Battery Tender PST-100 BATTERY TESTER...
Sep 27, 2010 | 2001 KTM Exc-Racing E 520
Jul 04, 2010 | 2008 BMW F 800 GS
Mar 24, 2010 | 2005 BMW M3
Nov 27, 2008 | 1996 BMW K 1100 LT
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: