Question about Honda CTX 700 Motorcycles
Hi, Kevin go over this checklist before going to a shop/dealer and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Honda 2014 2016 CTX700 CTX 700 Workshop Service Manual eBay
Honda CTX700A Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 15, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2016 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Aug 08, 2015 | Honda Motorcycles
Jun 06, 2014 | 1984 Honda CB 700 SC Nighthawk
May 16, 2014 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Jan 26, 2014 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp Abs
Aug 22, 2012 | 1984 Honda CB 700 SC Nighthawk
Feb 02, 2012 | Honda Motorcycles
Jun 08, 2011 | 1984 Honda CB 700 SC Nighthawk
Aug 30, 2017 | Honda CBR 900 RR Fireblade Motorcycles
Feb 02, 2010 | 1985 Honda CB 700 SC Nighthawk
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: