Question about Honda CTX 700 Motorcycles
Hi, Kevin go over this checklist before going to a shop/dealer and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Honda 2014 2016 CTX700 CTX 700 Workshop Service Manual eBay
Honda CTX700A Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 15, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2016 | Honda Cars & Trucks
May 16, 2014 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Jul 31, 2013 | 2015 Honda CTX 700
May 12, 2013 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Dec 08, 2012 | 2010 Honda Deauville 700
Dec 27, 2017 | 1984 Honda CB 700 SC Nighthawk
Aug 30, 2017 | Honda CBR 900 RR Fireblade Motorcycles
Jan 19, 2011 | 2003 Honda CBR 954 RR Fireblade
Apr 12, 2010 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Feb 02, 2010 | 1985 Honda CB 700 SC Nighthawk
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: