Question about Yamaha V Star Classic 650 Motorcycles
Hi, West and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Exhaust popping backfire Yamaha Star Forum
Yamaha XVS650 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVS650 Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 02, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2015 | 2001 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Oct 29, 2012 | 2003 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Jul 25, 2011 | 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jun 05, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king
Jan 13, 2011 | 2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Sep 05, 2010 | 1999 Honda VT 750 CD Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe
Nov 12, 2009 | 1977 Suzuki GS 750
Jun 03, 2009 | 1986 Honda XR 600 R
May 27, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jan 24, 2009 | 1987 kawasaki GPz 1000 RX
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: