Question about 2009 Hyosung GT 650
I have a 2009 Hyosung GT650R and I replaced the Fuel pump sending unit. Well, now it won't pump the fuel in the line. I don't hear the pump come on no more. What can be the issue??
Hi, Udy the following is a systematic procedure for diagnosing fuel pump issues designed to keep "DRACHMA" to a minimum. If you need parts check with Amazon and eBay first to keep costs down.
1. If your pump does not turn on check the pump fuse and relay and all wiring including connectors for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
1. Normal fuel pump pressure is 3-5 PSI.
2. Check any rubber or plastic tubing for age-related pinholes by removing and plugging the ends that connect to the fuel valve and then turn on the ignition switch and watch for fuel streams exiting the pinholes, if any exist, replace tubing as necessary.
3. Check for a clogged a primary fuel filter that comes off the bottom of the pump to screen out big rocks and clean as necessary.
4. Check for a clogged secondary fuel filter that's outside if applicable by removing it from the system and replace it with a short splicing tube turn on the ignition switch and recheck fuel pressure if pressure increases to normal pressure you need a new secondary filter.
5. If all the above check out OK and the pump is not functioning properly then you need a new fuel pump.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Trouble with bike starting believed to be issues with fuel
GT250R won start but cranks
HYOSUNG GT 650 Service Manual
HYOSUNG GT650 EURO 3 CATALOGUE Manual
HYOSUNG GT650 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Oct 05, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: fuel pump 1998 olds bravada
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
if it is the fuel level sending unit you will have to replace the pump because they are a 1 piece assambly. it will be a task to change too as you will need to either remove the truck bed or drop the fuel tank to get to it.
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
Do you have spark coming from the plugs? if yes, how did you replace the fuel pump, remove the bed or drop the tank? If you removed the bed make sure that you tightened the ground wire on the frame at the rear near the taillight plug. If the ground is not tight or is broken the fuel pump will not work. If you didn't remove the bed, check the relay and fuse up front on the drivers side inner fender fuse box. I'd double check the ground wire at the rear as well just to make sure it's good.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
There was no need for them to replace the fuel pump unless it was in one assembly with the fuel pick-up & fuel gauge sending unit. I sounds like they installed a factory defective replacement pump or did a defective installation job. Have them put a different new fuel pump to see if the one they put in was a factory dud.
Posted on Apr 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 01, 2017 | 2007 Hyosung Comet GT650R
May 27, 2015 | 2009 Hyosung GT 650S
Apr 06, 2015 | 2006 Hyosung GT 650 R
Mar 23, 2015 | Hyosung Motorcycles
Sep 16, 2014 | 2007 Hyosung Comet GT650R
Dec 01, 2013 | Motorcycles
Feb 20, 2013 | 2011 Hyosung GT650R
Jan 23, 2010 | 2005 Hyosung GT 650 R
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: