Question about 1996 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)

2 Answers

Between carb 1&2 &3&4 there is a fuel supply plastic tee can you use regular fuel hose that diameter or do you have to use origanol rubbers from dealer $28 dollars?

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Suzuki Expert
  • 386 Answers

Mate use fuel hose or go on ebay loads a T pieces, and hose. I had a 2" hose on a jag go and they wanted 30 quid for a 2" bit of pipe I just used some other hose from a car and all was fine never a problem since

Posted on Apr 24, 2015

  • Anonymous Apr 29, 2015

    i thank you very much for the reply !


  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Suzuki Master
  • 991 Answers

You can us the regular fuel hose.

Posted on Apr 23, 2015

  • steve l crawford
    steve l crawford Apr 23, 2015

    TERRY than you very much for your help !


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where does the hose. top-front of carb connect to ?

It probably broke off from a Tee fitting. Three hoses connect at one junction point. After it breaks off, you will only see two hoses that look like a single hose, but with a plastic connector holding them together. Also at that junction point, you will have a hole in the plastic connector, where the hose that came off the carb belongs. This broken Tee fitting creates a vacuum leak. Purchase a new Tee fitting, disconnect the old part, then install the new one.

Jun 07, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do I flush the radiator?

flushing tee cap....a flushing tee is added during a service by most cooling system technicians. to make the heater hose accessible. inspect the hoses that go to your " firewall" or engine compartment the event someones added it: it can be found there. if not, you may find one at the part store. determine the hose diameter so you can select the correct part. i recommend installing a metallic "mender" instead of leaving it in there. the day it decides to have a sticky thermostat, that kind of plastic can cause a large leak and you would lose all your treated coolant.

Apr 02, 2014 | 1999 Buick LeSabre

1 Answer

Diameter of fuel line for 1995 carolla

Are you talking the Fuel Line (Metal) or Hose (Rubber)?

Here are some facts you need to know to work with the OEM fuel lines.
  1. The threaded fittings used in the fuel system are a bit strange considering this is a Japanese vehicle. There are two fitting sizes used: 1/8-28 BSPT (Yes the first one is a British Pipe thread!) and 13mm x 1.5. (The diameter I measured on this fitting is .504, which is larger than a 12mm fitting (.472), but smaller than a 14mm (.532) This would logically make it a 13mm. It it NOT a 1/4-BSPT as I had orginally thought.) There appears to be no such thing as a 13mm compression fitting available for purchase. If you should find a source for these, PLEASE let me know!
  2. The female threads on the carb inlet, glass fuel filter inlet and outlet, and the fuel pump inlet and outlet are 1/8-28 BSPT. (So are the intake manifold small threaded holes and the block holes for the oil pressure sensor and oil lines. )
  3. There are two thread adapters (Toyota calls these Unions) used in the Cruiser fuel line system: a straight female 1/8-28 BSPT to 13mm x 1.5, and a 90 degrees female 1/8-28 BSPT to 13mm x 1.5. The 90 degree fitting is only used on the fuel pump outlet to adapt the fuel pump to the hard line.
  4. The OEM hard fuel line is 8mm in diameter (.314"). 5/16" (.312") is close enough in size to not matter much.
  5. OEM soft (rubber or the clear plastic) fuel lines are no longer available.

Apr 06, 2013 | 1995 Toyota Corolla

1 Answer

How do i change the fuel line in my 2000 xl1200 C sportster ? i have a slow leak from old hoses

Turn off fuel tank petcock valve. Remove complete air filter assembly. Disconnect fuel hose from bottom of petcock(may have to cut hose clamp off and will have to replace with a regular worm screw hose clamp). Hold a rag around the end of the hose where you are pulling it off to catch and squirted fuel. You then pull hose off the carbs elbow fitting the same way you did at the other end. If hose on carb is not easy to access, you may have to pull the carb out of the rubber boot that connects the carb into the intake manifold. Replace hose with same length of new hose which is 1/4" fuel line hose. Reassemble in reverse order using the above mentioned worm screw hose clamps.

Jun 25, 2012 | 2000 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...

1 Answer

Diagnostic trouble code P00087

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

A dealer may need to perform a repair on the rubber portion of the fuel supply (suction) lines. The rubber section of the line could become kinked or collapse. Fuel lines that kink or collapse may induce a fuel system restriction (high vacuum gauge readings) or DTCs P0087, P0093, and/or P1093 to set.

If a technician was to suspect the rubber portion of the fuel feed line collapsing or kinking, replacement of only the rubber line is acceptable.

Complete the steps below to repair the rubber section of fuel supply line:

•Carefully cut, split, and remove the OEM crimp from both ends of the flexible hose. These crimps can be cut with a small cut-off wheel. Split the crimp into two pieces (use your discretion on first cut location, then cut directly across from, or 180 degrees from first cut). Special care must be taken not to damage the flare on the end of the steel pipe that will be reused.
•Remove the OEM crimps and flexible portion of hose from the existing supply line.
•If replacing the rubber section of the supply line, a 1/2 ID hose meeting SAE specification 100R3 is suggested. Dealers may be able to find a local supplier for this hose, or can contact the manufacturer Parker Hannifin. The replacement hose would be a 1/2" diameter Parker part number 601-8 or H017-8. To find a local distributor the Parker website can be accessed at
•Use worm type hose clamps (use double clamps on each end) to attach the replacement hose to the existing pipe.
The locations of the flexible hoses are pictured below.

May 26, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I hav a powercraft 2200L geni and fuel lines leaks,it has a rubber fuel line initially when i bought it.. But has recently replaced it with a plastic one, now should i revert back to rubber and where can i...

I would change back to a rubber fuel line for gasoline. The plastic may melt with the heat from the engine. An automotive store should have a fuel line. I believe a 1/4 inch line (diameter) is good (check your size to make sure). Buy 18 inches, it is more than you need, but it is better to have more fuel line than too little. Purchase hose clamps as well.

Jan 31, 2011 | Craftsman Electrical Supplies

1 Answer

I need to know how to change all my vacume hoses on my car can you tell me where to find them

In most cases they are all located in the engine compartment which would be the area under the hood of your vehicle, some are located inside the vehicles cabin area under the dashboard feeding vacumn to the heater/air conditioner systems they may be black rubber or various in colors inside the car and out, they are all very small in diameter rubber and some plastic with Tee's inserted to make vac. transferes to other components , unless you are changing the power brake hose, and the pcv lines they are 3/8" or more, all others should be less then 1/4" diameter and various lengths.
If you want original equipment go to the dealer but the vehicle has to be less then 10 years old to get these parts if at all possible, otherwise go to your nearest parts store or wrecking yard if they have a vehicle crashed and in good parts shape.
Have Fun doing Your Adventures in Automotive Repairs....welcome to our world!!!

Aug 27, 2010 | 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis

1 Answer

How to connect radiators to the pipes

I am assuming that the radiators you want to hook up are designed for hot water? If so you will need to run two pipes to each radiator, one for supply water one for return. Radiators work well on a monoflow Tee installation ( I suggest you Google monoflow tee intstallation). Valve the supply side so you have some adjustment of water flow to regulate the amount of heat it will put out. From your boiler you will need to install a main supply pipe all the way around the perimeter of the house (in the basement). I suggest a 1" diameter copper pipe. Then you will need to locate your radiators. Install a supply tee in the 1" pipe and go up to your radiator with either 1/2" or 3/4" copper pipe. Install a valve in this line to regulate flow. Connect to the radiator using the correct fitting. On the return side, connect to the same diameter pipe as the supply and take that down to a monoflow tee installed in the 1" copper pipe. Make sure you face the tee correctly or you will not get flow thru the radiator. Because there are different methods to connect radiators, this is just a suggestion. Google the net for other suggestions, talk to a heating professional and study prior to installing or it will cost you money and aggravation.

Nov 05, 2009 | Heating & Cooling

3 Answers

Craftsman 32cc Weedeater -- need fuel line diagram

The smaller diameter line (fuel supply) goes from the fuel tank (w/filter) to the carb body. Another larger line (purge line) goes from carb body to the right nipple on the primer bulb. Another large line (return line) goes from the left nipple of the primer bulb into the fuel tank. co0mpleting the purge circuit. This info pertains to my 2006 Craftsman 32cc with Zama carb.

Jul 05, 2009 | Craftsman 25cc Gas Line Trimmer

Not finding what you are looking for?
1996 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana) Logo

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Suzuki Experts


Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4514 Answers

Ed Nelson
Ed Nelson

Level 2 Expert

149 Answers

Are you a Suzuki Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides