Question about 1996 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
How to adjust carb floats &needle&seat
- Now days some carburetors are produced which are fixed and no adjustment is provided.The float is made up of whole plastic like material.
Some floats have the copper/metal notch for the adjustment of fuel level.
- Take the carburetor assembly out.
- Remove the fuel bowls.
- Place the carburetor assembly with the floats upward towards yourself.
- Float level gauge and active data list (taken from the workshop manual) is required to carry out the adjustment. But you can simply adjust the float level correctly without any gauge.
- Hold the carburetor assembly at your eye level in such a way that the carburetor No. 1 is in front of you. Behind is No. 2 carburetor, then behind is No. 3 and then the No. 4. Or we can say that the carburetor No. 1 hides the carburetors 2, 3, and 4.
- Examine carefully the floats of all the individual carburetors be parallel to the surface of the carburetor where the float bowl face is seated and tightened.
- Adjust the float level by bending the float notch towards the needle valve (to decrease the float level and to raise the float) or away from the needle valve to increase the float level (to lower the float).
Posted on Apr 16, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2015 | 1996 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Nov 22, 2012 | 1996 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Aug 07, 2011 | 1993 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Mar 08, 2011 | 1990 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Aug 13, 2010 | 1981 Suzuki GS 750 L
Mar 01, 2010 | 1991 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Sep 19, 2009 | 1992 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Sep 02, 2009 | 1995 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Jun 04, 2009 | 1994 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Apr 30, 2012 | 1996 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: