Question about 2005 Bajaj Pulsar 150
My vehichle p150 dtsi misfire after running few kilometers , if i did move around few kilometers it stops suddenly and i had to wait for few mins to get it start. i changed my CDI unit ,new spark plugs both, new filter , please help me figure out what causes this issue
Hi, Arjuncvs the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, 9 volts or lower.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, O2, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. . Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
10. Fuel tank empty.
11. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
12. A faulty Fuel Pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
13. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
14. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Posted on Nov 17, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Start at you battery and work back towards your ignition inspecting each and every harness connector...disconnect, clean with electric contact cleaner, apply a small amount of dielectric grease and reconnect, even the connectors under the seat. Take your time and it will be worth the effort. Check all the grounds too.
Posted on Jul 22, 2011
SOURCE: My pulsar 150 stops suddenly
The symptoms could be caused by a defective CDI. The coil either works or it doesn't. Before replacing CDI check for wiring problem. Check if the bike has a kick stand switch, that may be responsible for the problem. Double check ignition wiring and wiring to CDI.
Here a service manual: Bajaj Pulsar DTSi Workshop Manual
Posted on Sep 13, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2016 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Dec 16, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 08, 2015 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Aug 09, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen GTI
Apr 24, 2009 | 2001 BMW 5 Series
Dec 22, 2008 | 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
Sep 22, 2008 | 1999 Buick LeSabre
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: