Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Once I ride it for 20 minutes then it dies and won't start for an hour then run a while and then dies again...
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Yamaha XS1100SH Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha Virago XV1100K Owner Manual
Posted on Jun 03, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
try some Berrymans B12 fuel additive in the tank. if your bike has been in storage it could be gummed up a bit. put in a little more than stated dose, no more than double, run it let it get hot and then let it stand overnight. it worked for me on my v star
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 02, 2017 | 1996 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
May 09, 2014 | 1995 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
May 07, 2014 | 1991 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Aug 21, 2013 | 1995 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Jun 08, 2013 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Jul 09, 2010 | 1995 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Jul 09, 2010 | 1995 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Jul 17, 2009 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jun 22, 2009 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: