Question about 1999 kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja
I have a1999 Kawasaki ZX - 9R (900) Replaced my fuel relay ***. After first testing the old relay by shorting red wire to black and blue wire . When I shorted the old relay my bike started up and kept running until I took short off . Leading me to believe my fuel relay was bad . So , I replaced it . Now my bike won't start not even a sound . Put the old relay in no sound no start . Tail light illuminate , headlights nothing , gauge lights illuminate , Fuses good . Help me please ..
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous before diagnosing your Starter Circuit it is imperative you have a fully charged battery and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery you should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary. You may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
3. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
5. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
6. FOB battery low or dead.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
8. Faulty starter button.
9. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
10. Security alarm needs a reset.
11. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
12. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
13. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
14. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
15. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Kawasaki Ninja ZX 9R Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Kawasaki Ninja Owners Manuals
Posted on May 20, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Is the headlight itself new? You can hook up any 12 volt source to the headlight prongs and tell if the bulb itself is burned out...take it out and test it !...good luck to you....Tim
Posted on May 09, 2009
If lights dim when trying to start,Battery is to weak(may have 12 volts but not enough amps)
Bike dieing when removing power from jumper says the lighting coil on the stator plate is bad and this could also have killed the voltage regulator,Which would kill the battery by over charging it.
Hesitation and carbon smell could be from a non firing cylinder.
So,Take the battery and have it load tested (free at most auto part stores)
Check for power from the lighting coil on the stator
Replace the voltage regulator.
Please rate this fixya
Posted on May 15, 2009
Sometimes after trying to start a bike with a weak battery the starter solenoid gets damaged,or loose connections develop on the solenoid due to heat.It should be next to the battery.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
SOURCE: starter relay fuse keeps blowing
30 amps is heavy, so bypass nothing. Look for a short in a heavy circuit like the the headligh, starter (questionable because of delay) same with starter relay. You have a wire shorting out on the frame somewhere. It's that cut and dry.. Go to the auto parts store and buy an automatic circuit breaker that matches the fuse type your bike uses. but instead of a 30 amp, get a 20 or 25 amp. As long as theres a short it will trip and reset by itself saving you the hassle of changing fuse every few minutes.. While the breaker cycles on and off you can search for the short. When you find it, the breaker will stop cycling and stop in the on or reset. Good Luck
Posted on Jun 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2017 | kawasaki ZX-9 R Ninja Motorcycles
Apr 05, 2017 | kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja Motorcycles
Dec 07, 2016 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-9 R Ninja
Sep 12, 2012 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja
Jul 20, 2014 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja
Jul 20, 2014 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: