Question about 2008 Triumph America
My 2008 America cuts out when I slow down and put it into first gear or when I stop in first gear than put it into neutral this problem is intermittent and usually when the motor's hot, not cold. @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. A faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system relay or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
15. Faulty fuel pump.
16. Faulty pressure regulator.
17. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
18. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
19. Catastrophic engine failure, perform a compression test.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Triumph America Handbook
Posted on May 15, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: motor cuts out when gear engaged
Make sure you have your stand up before you put it in gear. Some bikes have a stand switch that doesnt allow the bike to be in gear while the stand is down. This switch may have been damaged when the bike fell and now be malfunctioning.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
Testimonial: "THANK YOU MR BEETHAM!!Ignorance can be bliss but it can also be bloody annoying!You have saved me from a sleepless night-so simple,will never forget!"
SOURCE: Engine cut out, when coming
Check for vacuum leaks. If you have unmetered air entering the engine on deacceleration the fuel mixture will lean out and the engine will try to stall. Any popping from the exhaust will also be a suspect of a lean fuel mixture. Also, inspect your spark plugs and replace them if they are discolored....I hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 25, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2017 | 2008 kawasaki Ninja 650R
Feb 09, 2015 | 2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
May 16, 2014 | Motorcycles
Apr 21, 2014 | 2008 Honda CRF 230 L
Apr 06, 2014 | Honda F6 C Valkyrie Motorcycles
Oct 20, 2012 | 2008 Aprilia RS 125
May 06, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
Jan 30, 2011 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Dec 30, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jan 26, 2010 | Honda XL 125 R Motorcycles
Oct 07, 2012 | 2008 Triumph America
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: