Question about 2009 Honda PS125i
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous, it should be noted that the reasons your EFI light stays on constantly or flashes and your bike will or will not start and may turn over or not, these conditions will vary from bike to bike depending on the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work done to the bike or an abnormal event occurrence IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying bike down/crashes, rain storms/bike washings just before EFI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin, also carry the appropriate jumper wire to access fault codes to reduce the risk of being stranded or towed, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
For more information about your question and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing and printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
SHcooter com Honda SH150i Forum View topic FI light
Flashing F1 Light Servicing Technical Questions
Honda SH125 Owner Manual
Posted on Aug 03, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hi, I have a honda
The FI light refers to F uel I njection. The sensors on the fuel injection system have detected a problem. It could be anything from a dirty air filter to fuel mapping errors. You need to take the bike to a dealer and have them hook up a code reader. The reader will tell what problem has been detected. Then you can decide if you want to fix it yourself or if the dealer should do the repair. Could you take a moment and rate my answer. Thanks.
Posted on Apr 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2016 | 2011 Honda SWing 125
Jan 14, 2014 | 2002 Honda CBR 954 RR Fireblade
Mar 06, 2012 | 2004 Honda CBR 125 R
Apr 14, 2011 | 2004 Honda Valkyrie Rune
Mar 11, 2011 | 2006 Honda VFR 800 ABS
Aug 04, 2010 | Honda XL 125 V Varadero Motorcycles
Jun 16, 2010 | 2002 Honda CBR 954 RR Fireblade
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: