Question about 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Turning over but won't start, no spark and I don't hear the fuel pump when the key is switched on. I have checked fuses and relays. I had washed the bike, about an hour later I started and rode it 1/2 a km and fueled up when I tried to start it the bike would not run and hasn't fired since
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
11. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing and printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Thread Transalp ABS 2008 starting problems
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
Honda Transalp XL700V Manual
Honda XL700V Owner Manual
Posted on Aug 03, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you may have a problem with your fuel system wiring or relay also it may be a problem with your HISS does the HISS light go out when you turn the ingtion switch on if it stays on then you have a problem with the HISS try your spear key and check your fuse under the seat and in the fuse box under the left hand faring
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
You may have some fuel issues. The cold may have cause any "trash" in the fuel to clump together. Flush your fuel out of the tank and check / change fuel filter. Hope this helps, please let us know, thanks
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
DEPENDS IF YOU HAVE SPARK OR NOT,IF NO SPARK IT COULD BE YOUR STATOR/ IGNITION, HAS TO HAVE SPARK TO FIRE THIS IS WHERE I WOULD START FIRST
Posted on Feb 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2014 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Jan 26, 2014 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp Abs
Jan 12, 2014 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Nov 26, 2013 | 2010 Honda XL700V Transalp ABS
Jul 09, 2013 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
May 12, 2013 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Mar 03, 2013 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Nov 14, 2012 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Sep 03, 2017 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
Feb 26, 2009 | 2008 Honda XL 700 V Transalp
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: