Question about Bajaj Pulsar 150 Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Take the bulbs out. put a voltmeter across the termals (Which go to the bulb)
Start your bike & look at the voltage going to the bulb.
Rev your engine & see if the voltage rises.
If it goes above 14V then there is something wrong in the charging curcuit. (Regulator)
or if one of the diodes in the recifier has gone short curcuit then
you could be getting AC into the battery (Very Bad)
Posted on May 15, 2014
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: changing headlight
Had a similar problem on mine when I installed the cobra light bar. If you remove the headlight from the housing there is a connector (think it was orange) with a single wire. It is the starter-light cutout. my connector shorted out so I had to cut it and replace it. No headlight problems since. It is worth checking, I had to pay $50 to have the Honda shop find it. Good luck & ride safe!
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
This is problem cant be solved by changing head light. You need to replace wiring of your bike. This problem is occur because of short-circuit in wiring.
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
SOURCE: Bike won't start, battery bulged
Chances are it is the rectifier/regulator which is a sealed unit that has to be replaced if faulty. A bad one can cook your battery as well as your light bulbs and wiring. To check this connect a VOM across your battery terminals while the bike is running. If normal you should see about 13.5 volts. If your voltage climbs up to the 18 to 22 volt range or higher you must replace the part before you do further damage. Also be aware of the dangers of over charging a battery as it can explode and cause personal injury. If your battery has been cooked you will have smelled sulfuric acid and the battery will become hot to the touch. If that is the case you will also have to replace the battery as well as it will no longer hold a charge. When this happens the battery will bulge and this is called plate bow. By replacing both the battery and the rectifier/regulator you should be as good as new. In very rare instances it could be the stator which could cost a lot more but chances are its just the rectifier/regulator. I've seen them for very cheap prices on Ebay.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
I know this sounds aomewhat general, however please give the following some thought:
Check your relays, if you have an aftermarket horn you may have a different relay. To troubleshoot unplug your headlight, unplug your horn, etc.. Turn your ignition switch to accessory only. See if the fuse pops. If it does unplug whatever added accessories you may have still have plugged in. Once you can get the fuse to stop popping, turn the ignition switch to on. Then one at a time plug you accessory, headlight, etc. back in. When you find what pops the fuse, unplug that item, start plugging in the other items, if the fuse has not popped you have potentially isolated the circuit causing the issue. Now check the wiring for loose connections, bad ground, and CHECK the relay if that item has one. Hope this helps,
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2014 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
Sep 05, 2013 | Yamaha FZR 600 Motorcycles
Nov 01, 2012 | Yamaha Virago 250 Motorcycles
Apr 01, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Mar 13, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
May 28, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Caravan
May 17, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 10, 2010 | 2005 Kia Sorento
Mar 11, 2009 | 2004 Cadillac Deville
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: