Question about 2007 Honda CRF 250 X
Why is my bike very hard to start and when I get it started it misses and breaks down like it is starving for fuel it also backfires when it starts
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery damaged or nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
10. Choke valve inoperative.
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing and printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
CRF250X Hard Starting 4Strokes com
honda CRF250R Hard to Start
Honda 2010 CRF250R Service Manual
Honda CRF250X 2007 Owner Manual Competition Handbook
Posted on Aug 03, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if air is entering the carb anywhere but the intake boot then you will have problems. if the crack is in the float bowl then you are llucky..if not..no big deal you can get a carb cheap from a slavage yard or buy it new ...if there is a crack in the air boot then it will need to be replaced...no mcguyver repairs on that
Posted on May 03, 2009
SOURCE: bike backfires and misses.
Run some Seafoam through the carbs. Should be available locally at a parts store. Mix with your gas according to directions. This will clean out the carbs, which sound like they are a little gummed up.
Posted on May 30, 2009
There is a proper way to start the engine. Four controls are on your bike to assist in starting.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
Hi I am vortash sounds to me like an ignition lead short check that the leads on the pot are not sparking to earth effectively cutting off the spark to one cylinder ( electricity takes the shortest point to earth so wont reach the plug if sparking to the cylinder ) I think youll find if it was the Kick stand sensor it wouldnt even fire up .. ? check all your HT circuit for damp or damaged leads .. hope this is of help regrads Vortash
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2014 | 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Oct 27, 2013 | 2007 Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa
Apr 21, 2017 | 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Mar 08, 2011 | Televison & Video
Feb 03, 2011 | 1991 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Dec 03, 2010 | 2000 Suzuki GSX 750
Apr 29, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 12, 2009 | 1987 kawasaki VN 750 Vulcan
Jun 22, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: