Question about Motorcycles
You would have to mess with the points to adjust the timing. other then that there is no adjustment.
Posted on Jun 08, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
ill do a list of things that can help or be the problem.
1) Pull the coil off and wire brush down all the bare metal. then do the same to the frame where it bolted on. Make sure there is a grounded wire that bolts back onto the coil if there was one, Replace the wire end for the ground peice.
2) Pull off the spark end cap and cut the wire down a few mm until you see new wire then screw it back on. (if its NGK)
3) follow the wire from the kill switch and make sure it isnt grounding out.
4) Hotwire - find the kill switch and unplug it. if this doesnt help unplug the ignition key wiring. on older bikes it will work for ignition but not lights for the key part. if this helps you need a new Ignition barrel / Kill switch.
5) check your wiring harness make sure it isnt grounding anywhere exept where its ment to.
6) make your your engine to CDI is plugged in and has no oxide in it
7) try and find somone with a running bike the same as yours and borrow there CDI, if this helps you need to buy a new CDI or check yours for wiring shorts.
hope this helps if not buzz me (skuly@Hotmail.com)
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
Took a bit of scrounging bout the net, but I eventually found it!!
You can look at the parts diagram/part numbers for the old girl here
A rating and feedback is a great way to reward me for my efforts to find this for you. Cheers mate!!
Posted on Jun 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2016 | Yamaha XT 125 R Motorcycles
Apr 23, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Apr 28, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Mar 01, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jun 15, 2010 | 1974 Yamaha RD 250
Feb 17, 2010 | 1972 Yamaha DT 360
Oct 25, 2009 | 2005 Yamaha XT 125 R
Mar 25, 2009 | 2006 Yamaha XT 125 R
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!