Question about 2005 Honda VTX 1300 C
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous you need "FIVE" things in order for a cylinder to run properly:
1. FUEL: in order to validate your not getting fuel spray some starting fluid into the air cleaner and hit the starter button, if it fires up and runs for a few seconds then you know you have a fuel delivery issue. Multi carb banks should be bench "SYNC"
2. SPARK: remove the spark plug and with it connected to the spark plug cable ground the threads to something metal you should see a bluish white spark if not you have a faulty spark plug, spark plug cable, ignition coil, condenser, CKP, ECM, sensor or the wiring in between.
3. COMPRESSION: you must have at least 80-100 PSI for most bikes, multi-cylinder engines should be within 10-15% of each other if not perform a leak down test you may have a burnt or bent valve or hole in the piston or broken rings.
4. CAM TIMING: confirm your timing marks are aligned to see if the cam chain or adjuster are worn out and the chain has skipped a couple teeth.
5. IGNITION TIMING: on older bikes check to see if your points have not closed up, timing plate has not become loose and confirm with a timing light for proper retard and advance functions, on newer bikes where timing is controlled by an ECM and is nonadjustable check you CKP, TPS, MAP, O2, sensor or its counterpart for integrity.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Running on one cylinder
Running on one cylinder Help
Honda VTX1300S Service Manual
Honda VTX1300C VTX 2004 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Aug 04, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 29, 2015 | Honda VTX 1300 Motorcycles
Sep 09, 2013 | 2011 Honda VTX1300C
Oct 15, 2010 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
May 12, 2010 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Mar 20, 2010 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Dec 17, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 C
Oct 05, 2009 | 2003 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Jul 30, 2009 | 2003 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Feb 25, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
Jul 22, 2018 | Motorcycles
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: