Question about 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
Dear All, I am facing problem in my r1 2009 model (UK edition). The issue is when every the rpm reach or cross 6000 the missing is started. I have changed injector fuel pump better and also verify the sensor but still problem is exist. Could you please guide me that what else I have to check. Thanks Zeeshan
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, fuel pump and/or filter.
10. Faulty fuel pressure regulator
11. Pinholes in the in tank plastic convoluted tubing from the pressure regulator to the quick disconnect check valve.
12. Fuel tank vent system plugged.
13. Throttle body controls misadjusted.
14. Damaged throttle body or intake seals.
15. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
16. Faulty MAP, CKP, O2, and/or CMP sensors.
17. Incorrect valve timing.
18. Weak or broken valve springs.
19. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
20. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
high rpm sputter misfire
03 R1 high RPM misfire HELP
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Aug 18, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Electronic Fuel Pump
It turned out that the ignition key was faulty and it cut out my fuel pump and power to my spark plug but all other electrics worked. Tried my spare key and could hear fuel pump working pressed starter and it fired up how bizarre is that. so problem sorted.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
hi m8,,1st,, would u no if the bike has been resricted ,,to 33bhp,,if it hasent2nd,, have a look at the spark plugs,, start her up rev until it coffs or wont rev then hit the kill switch,,see wot colour the plugs are ,,they should a biscuit brown,,if not clean them up or change them,, 3rd test,start her up again throttle it a few times ,,untill shez warm,, then ,this sounds not nice, but either spit on your hand or dip hand in sum water, then quickly touch each exhaust down pipe, and make sure there isnt a pipe cooler than the other 3,, if u do find there is that would narrow the test down to that cylinder thats playin up,,try that 1st m8,, then come back if any probs still, and il take u threw next steps,,
Posted on Apr 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2017 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
Nov 23, 2014 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jun 27, 2014 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
Aug 24, 2013 | Motorcycles
Mar 15, 2013 | Motorcycles
Sep 30, 2012 | Yamaha Xj600 Xj 600 Seca Ii Left Engine...
Sep 22, 2011 | 2009 Yamaha yZFR1
Sep 11, 2011 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1
May 11, 2011 | 2008 Hyosung GT250R
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: