Question about 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Starter turns over but bike will not start CBR Forum Enthusiast forums for...
What Do Check When My Motorcycle Won Start Honda Shadow Forums Shadow...
2005 2006 Honda CBR600RR Service Manual Moto Data Project
Honda CB Owners Manuals
Posted on Jun 19, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it sound like your battery is dead you can jump start it but be very carfull to conect it properly if this works you may need a battery
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
SOURCE: Bike wont Start.
You can accidentally UNPLUG the tip sensor if you remove/jar the front fairing. Verify that it is plugged in. If you uninstalled the tip sensor, make sure it is installed in the correct position. Here's the service manual next steps after that check: First thing the SM states when you turn the key and get no fuel pump "noise" is to inspect the fuel pump by measuring the voltage between the terminals. If there is battery voltage, check the main fuse (20A), sub fuse (10A), engine stop switch, fuel cutoff relay (relay box under left middle cowl), engine stop relay, bank angle sensor, and finally, ECM.
Posted on May 06, 2009
SOURCE: 1986 sei 1200 goldwing It
check the fuel filter it sounds like it's pluged and causing too much back presure this is causing an over load in the fuel pump causing it to stop working or to presure lock
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
The bike may be discharging the battery. you need to test stator output,voltage regulator,and the fuses. Does the battery need to be recharged to restart?
Posted on Mar 22, 2010
SOURCE: honda vtx 1800 r.
Hi and welcome to FixYa!
Looks like the ignition coil is worn out. It starts good on cold for the ignition coil is not forced yet and when the engine is warm it fails to start for the coil is hot. I believe that once the ignition coil is replaced you'll be good.
Hope this helps and thank you for using Fixya! Have a good one!
Posted on Dec 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2015 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Aug 06, 2013 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
May 14, 2012 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 28, 2012 | 2006 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 16, 2011 | Honda CBR 600 RR Motorcycles
Mar 03, 2011 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 01, 2011 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Jun 27, 2010 | 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 27, 2009 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: