Question about 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Turn key on and I push the starter button and I have everything else when you push the button but it won't turn over. What is the problem when it won't turn over with the button?
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Bank angle sensor tripped and ignition/light key switch not cycled to the "OFF" position and then back to the "ON" position.
5. Faulty ignition switch.
6. Faulty starter button.
7. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
8. Security alarm needs a reset.
9. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
10. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
11. Electric starter shaft pinion gear is not engaging or over-running starter clutch slipping.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha XJ700N Service Manual
XJ700 Suddenly won start at all Electrical Problem
1985 yamaha maxim won start
Posted on Jun 27, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 25, 2013 | Motorcycles
Aug 29, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 29, 2012 | 2009 Triumph Rocket III
Mar 14, 2012 | Motorcycles
Aug 25, 2011 | 5701 VIPER 5701 2-WAY ALARM w/REMOTE START
Jun 21, 2011 | Mercury Cougar Cars & Trucks
Mar 31, 2011 | Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide...
Jan 25, 2011 | 1984 Honda VT 500 C Shadow
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!