Question about 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Faulty fuel pump.
15. Faulty pressure regulator.
16. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
17. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
1997 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 Stalls
Shadow keeps dying
Honda shadow vt1100 Owners Workshop Manual
Honda VT1100C2 Owner Manual Page 3
Posted on Jul 10, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check fuel level, u may need to check the flow of petrol to it,,Also if that does not solve you may need to service the carb and check fuel filter,air filter etc...
Posted on Aug 31, 2009
this time of the yr. spring time a lot of bikes sit all winter and fuel in the carb will age becoming like a vanish that will clog the low speed jet or jets so most likely you need you carb cleaned.
Posted on May 06, 2010
your battery is toast get a new one when you get a new one ride it for awhile if it dies on you while you are riding your stator is dead and you need to get it replaced its really easy to do yourself.
Posted on May 31, 2011
I once had a wee car,whenever it got too much petrol inside itself it refused to go anywhere and had to rest for some time and you had to be very careful with the choke and the petrol so it did not swallow too much of it and need another rest.
Posted on Apr 02, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2014 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
May 29, 2014 | 2001 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Dec 14, 2012 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Nov 05, 2012 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Mar 28, 2012 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Apr 04, 2010 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Oct 22, 2009 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
May 16, 2009 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: