Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
10. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
11. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Troubleshooting bike that wont crank
Yamaha FZR400 1988 1989 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Nov 21, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2014 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Feb 12, 2012 | 1985 Suzuki GS 700 ES
Nov 27, 2011 | Motorcycles
Apr 07, 2011 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Mar 13, 2010 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Mar 07, 2009 | 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88
Jan 07, 2009 | 1985 Ford F 250
Sep 07, 2008 | 1985 Toyota Cressida
Sep 05, 2008 | 1985 Mazda RX-7
Oct 23, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: