Question about 2006 Yamaha yZ 450 F
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Engine oil level and SAE weight are too low or not circulating.
2. Insufficient or blocked air flow over the engine.
3. Heavy combustion chamber carbon deposits.
4. Ignition timing retarded due to faulty MAP, CKP, or CMP sensor.
5. Carburetor jetted too lean.
6. Leaking intake or exhaust valve.
7. Water coolant old or low change every two years.
8. Water pump failure.
9. Radiator clogged, cap loose or malfunctioning.
10. Radiator fans not coming on.
11. Clutch slipping, brakes dragging, heavy load, towing a trailer etc.
12. Idling too long without moving.
13. For constant hot weather temperatures, mountain, or desert riding conditions consider adding an oil cooler and or cylinder head cooler.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
YZ450F over heating help YZ 400 426 450
Yamaha YZ450F service manual repair 2006 YZ450 Download Manuals Technical
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 27, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There should be a sensor in the bottom of the radiator that senses the water temperature and turns the fan on when it reaches a certain temperature. There is a sensor somewhere and I'm guessing it's in the bottom of the radiator. Jumper across it and see if the fan runs. To test it, you'll have to connect an ohm meter to it and put it in a pan of water. Slowly heat the water until the sensor changes state. Notice the water temp when this happens.
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2014 | Jayco 2013 Jay Flight Swift 264BH
May 28, 2014 | 2000 Lincoln LS
Jun 07, 2017 | Kenmore Dryers
Nov 02, 2013 | Nissan Sentra Cars & Trucks
Jul 30, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Aug 19, 2011 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dec 23, 2010 | 2000 Chrysler Town & Country
Sep 20, 2017 | 1997 Pontiac Sunfire
Apr 21, 2010 | Danby DAC9003D Air Conditioner
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: