Question about 2010 Yamaha V Star 950
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
VStar charging problem
YAMAHA XVS950A Owner Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
2010 Yamaha STAR 950 TOURER Motorcycle Service Manual Download Manuals...
Posted on Nov 21, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: burgman 250 will not start
Ck fuses and wire connections first. If no problem seen, get bike running and disconnect the ground cable @ battery. If bike dies the problem generally is in the stator or regulator assembly not keeping battery charged. Bike will run untill the battery is too low to keep the ignition system energized and the bike will die. If it continues running w/the ground disconnected, the battery could have a dead cell which will drain the battery in a very short time whether it is running or not.
Posted on May 03, 2009
Start with charging and load testing the battery. Then test the stator, to test the stator on the bottom of the right down tube is the plug that goes from the stator to the voltage regulator. With a multi meter, read the voltage from the stator, I forget the exact values but as you rev the motor the voltage should climb if it dosn't your stator is bad. If the stator is good take a reading again with the motor running at the battery cables, again I forget the exact value but you should have a steady reading at the battery, if it isn't and fluctuates it is bad.
Posted on May 07, 2009
SOURCE: ducati monster 620 went dead
Sounds like a detached connector or a blow fuse. First open your user manual, locate the fuse holder and dbl check the fuse... You have two circuits, the On circuits, and the accessoiry (wich are not essential) seems that you lose the accessory...
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Initially, try starting with the clutch lever pulled in and / or the sidestand folded up. Additionally, determine if there is a clicking sound. If there is, then it would most likely be the starter solenoid.
Good luck and thank yu for asking FixYa.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 24, 2014 | 1997 Buick Century
Oct 26, 2013 | GMC Cars & Trucks
Sep 09, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Intrepid
Aug 19, 2011 | 2001 Ford Focus
Feb 24, 2011 | 1995 GMC Jimmy
Feb 25, 2010 | 1996 Ford Escort 4 Door
Dec 09, 2009 | 1990 Nissan Pulsar
Jun 16, 2009 | 2005 Ford Escape
Jan 16, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Standard Roof
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: