Question about Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A Motorcycles
I stored the bike for the winter when I put the battery back in and started it up the bike ran fine for a few minutes then out of the blue started "what seemed like misfiring" and stalling a lot . after about 2 minutes the exhaust will get very hot and smells like burning plastic.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous if your bike has been sitting idle for months or years and you did not do any pre-storage maintenance I feel your pain it will probably have a dead battery and not want to start or if it starts it will idle and run poorly, here are the following steps necessary to complete in order to get your bike back to an acceptable running condition.
1. If your battery was 2-3 years old when you last had the bike running you should replace it.
2. If you believe your battery might still be serviceable remove it from the bike and put it on a 1 or 2 amp trickle charger for 24 hours. If it is the old lead acid type with visible cells and acid levels fill each cell to the top line with distilled water and replace the caps, run the vent tube into a plastic or styrofoam cup, any cells that are cloudy/milky replace the battery.
3. After charging remove the leads and let the battery sit for a couple of hours then check the battery voltage with a volt meter, you should have 12.5 volts or better, any readings in the 11 volt range you need to do a proper load test on the battery and replace as necessary, any readings in the 10 volt range you have a dead cell and replace the battery.
4. Drain and flush fuel tank, google " how to clean a motorcycle gas tank" find a couple forums to view the different options available.
5. Remove your air cleaner and clean and re-oil per Mfg. specifications.
6. Remove the carburetor, disassemble and decontaminate with a carb dip or if you have EFI remove injectors and clean with carb spray and compressed air
7. Remove fuel valve and filter disassemble and clean as necessary, remove fuel lines and replace with new ones.
8. Replace spark plug with a new one and check for spark.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Carb sync Split from carb sync thread
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Apr 14, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sounds more like a fuel problem to me. is it cold there did you use stabilizer in the gas? try some berrymans B12 in the gas it cleans everything up internally. it worked for me
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
Open up the carb and clean the jets with pressurized air. I also suspect water on the carburetor reservoir, before opening the carb, drain it first then run. Also, make sure the plugs are clean. Pull on the choke when twisting the accelerator, if it accelerates well, then warm the beast at normal temperature first before twisting the throttle hard again.
hope this helps-
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
The bike has a sidestand interlock that prevents you from riding away with the kickstand down. That interlock is not functioning properly. Could have been bent or moved, unplugged, or perhaps the relay has failed. If physically activating the switch does not work, and connecting the wires with a jumper does not work start looking at the turn signal relay, some bikes have that circuit integrated into the relay.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
First off did you buy it new? Second has it gone through its break in tune up yet?Did you do the re jeting? My guess is it was re jeted wrong & neeeds to be re jeted again or could also need more air(upgraded air kit) or a tfi or power comand fuel mod.My bike also poped untill I did the air & fuel upgrades & them upgrades will also give you a much needed house power needed for this rig.
Bring it to a shop & have it looked at.......
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
SOURCE: I Have a Keeway Supershadow
One of two: Your battery is totally dead (very common in the winter if you left it on the floor), or your bike could be facing problems with the charger system.
Go to this page:
KEEWAY SUPERLIGHT BATTERY
and us the translator. There you have tips and the electric diagram of the Keeway Superlight.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Apr 02, 2013 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...
Apr 02, 2013 | Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom Motorcycles
Mar 10, 2013 | 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300
Aug 11, 2012 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Jun 06, 2010 | 2007 Yamaha V Star Classic
Sep 23, 2009 | 2007 Yamaha V Star Custom
Jul 14, 2009 | 2007 Yamaha V Star Custom
Apr 04, 2009 | 1999 Yamaha V Star Custom
Jan 21, 2009 | 1999 Yamaha V Star Custom
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: