Question about 1999 Yamaha V Star Classic
Crank no start and stall when start also make noise on the fuel pump area
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
8. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
9. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
10.. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
11. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC,or BAS).
12. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
13. Faulty fuel pump fuse or relay.
14. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
15. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
VStar 650 won start
V650 won start in 650 Star Tech Forum
98 00 Yamaha XV650 Star Service Manual XVS650 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jun 01, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
there is a fuel filter out side the tank change it cause i guarantee it hasn't been changed since 2000. stock replacment will do, if its still not turning over the fuel sending unit is on the bottom of the tank and the tank has to be taken outta the bike to change it. make sure fuses are not popped before you do all this.
Posted on Dec 12, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2014 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 15, 2013 | 2005 Yamaha Majesty 400
Mar 13, 2013 | Yamaha TZR 250 Motorcycles
Jul 21, 2012 | Yamaha FZX 250 Zeal Motorcycles
May 20, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha V Star Classic
Apr 06, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Aug 06, 2011 | Yamaha Road Star Motorcycles
Jun 18, 2011 | 2010 Yamaha C3
Jun 03, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Feb 18, 2009 | 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
Sep 23, 2017 | Motorcycles
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: