Question about 2005 Yamaha XT 225
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery damaged or nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
10. Enricher valve inoperative.
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
XT225 Hard starting issues Dual Sport Adventure
Yamaha XT225L Owner Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
2001 2007 Yamaha XT225 Service Manual Repair Manuals AND Owners Manual...
Posted on Nov 21, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: yamaha xt 125r wont start up
hello, check and see if plug is firing a blue color, if not you may need a stator-pickup coil, i have a 2000 warrior, it is firing, orange and white color, stator neede to be replaced, pickup coil was going out, also check ign coil, these have a problem with getting weak after a while. most likely it is your stator pickup coil, no blue fire from plug, no running the motor. my stator pickup coil was going out. no blue fire from plug, i was told by a yamaha mechanic, no blue fire from plug it will not run, has to be blue, not orange or white looking fire.make sure carb is clean and all jets inside are clean, and air passage ways
Posted on Feb 25, 2010
SOURCE: What type of oil should
1 quart of JASO MA certified motorcycle oil. 10W-40 is a good year round weight. Synthetic oil will run cooler and shift better. Do not use any oil that says Energy Conserving on the bottle, it will shorten wet clutch an transmission gear life.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2014 | 2006 Yamaha XT 225
Apr 04, 2014 | 2004 Yamaha XT 225
Mar 08, 2012 | Yamaha XT 225 Motorcycles
Jan 03, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha XT 225
Jul 22, 2011 | 2005 Yamaha XT 225
Jul 12, 2011 | Yamaha XT 225 Motorcycles
Apr 28, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha XT 225
Sep 18, 2010 | 2001 Yamaha Serow 225 WE
Aug 02, 2010 | 2007 Yamaha XT 125 R
Dec 15, 2009 | 2002 Yamaha Serow 225 WE
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: