Question about 2011 Honda Activa
How to start with kick start ?
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
New Honda Activa Airlock Problem Team BHP
Honda activa 2009 Owner Manual
Posted on Aug 06, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check to see if you are getting any spark to the plug. You can get the testers for a few buck at Auto Zone (spark plug cable inserts into it and then you push the contact pin into the cable) when you kick start the bike the tester should light up, if it doesn't you may have a bad coil or the wiring to it may be loose/disconnected.
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
If you cannot move the kick strat it indicates either a seized engine or jammed geabox.
Can you turn the engine over by hand??
Posted on Dec 21, 2009
SOURCE: my honda activa doesn't start
First of all it is for sure that water had seeped into your electricals. So open the covers and wipe dry the coils, the wires to the plug, the wires to the ignition unit. make sure that there is no water in your fuel.remove the plug with the plug spanner supplied.Kick or use the starter to check for the spark on the plug ( which was also cleaned). If no spark then check again on the ignition system, the coils the contacts to confirm the fault. After a good spark is seen fit it back again and start. It must start for sure.Other wise repeat the process. I hope you get this right. Good day
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Only two things prevent an engine from starting/running. Always go to "Basics": Spark & Fuel (fuel/air mix). That's it. 1) Remove spark plug. 2) Put the plug back in in the "Spark Cable" just as it is IN the Engine. 3) Scrape a small area clean (down to bare metal) on the frame. 4) Hold the rubber head of the cable with rubber handled pliers (water pumps work great) using this to hold a side of the plug against the bare metal. 5) Turn the Ignition switch to ON. Crank the Engine as if starting it. Note the spark (if any). Is it Blue?=Strong Yellow?=Weak Is it Centered or way of to the side of the electrodes? If you have a good, regular, strong blue/white spark-...Fuel: 1) How old is the gas in the tank? Over 3 mos. Dump it! 2) Always replace/clean Fuel filter. 3) Same trick: Pull the fuel line off at the carb. and crank the Engine. (Careful-No Smoking!) Gas? 4) Fuel/Air mixture. If you have good Spark and good fuel...and Still does not start...Time to check parts. Good Luck
Posted on Feb 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2017 | 2011 Honda Activa
Jan 05, 2016 | 2011 Honda Activa
Jun 28, 2014 | Honda Activa Motorcycles
Apr 19, 2014 | 2011 Honda Activa
Feb 09, 2014 | 2011 Honda Activa
Dec 11, 2013 | 2011 Honda Activa
Jun 12, 2012 | 2011 Honda Activa
May 16, 2012 | 2011 Honda Activa
May 05, 2012 | 2011 Honda Activa
May 27, 2011 | 2005 Honda Activa
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: