Question about Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Why does my motorcycle keep dying
Yamaha XV 535 DX Virago Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jul 06, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2017 | 1992 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Apr 08, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jun 08, 2013 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Dec 01, 2012 | 1989 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Oct 03, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Apr 05, 2012 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Jul 11, 2011 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Jun 12, 2011 | Yamaha TX 750 Motorcycles
May 13, 2011 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jul 16, 2009 | 1981 Yamaha XJ 650
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: