Question about 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Not getting any spark to my plugs
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Motor install help No Spark
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Aug 19, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: r1 2000 starting problems
Sound like a fuel problem.drain gas from gas tank and carb.you may have to take off the carb and clean it .If it is fuel injection they will have to be clean to.This will happon when a bike set that long
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2014 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R1
Aug 21, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jul 04, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
May 09, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
May 06, 2012 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Apr 22, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jun 14, 2009 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Mar 02, 2009 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: