Question about Aprilia RS 125 Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or damaged battery, 9 volts or lower.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. . Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
10. Fuel tank empty.
11. Gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
12. A faulty fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
13. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
14. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.DOWNLOAD Aprilia Rs 125
Posted on Oct 21, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Clutch cable's change
If this is the same as the RS125 cable i changed then the cable goes into the clutch cover engine casing yes? You do not have to take the whole engine apart you need to disconnect the cable from the lever and then you will have to take the clutch cover off. before you do this you will need to lean the bike on its side as you will lose the gearbox oil otherwise. plus the cluch will fall out as it is held in with dowels and not bolted (stupid design) once you have the cover off then you can disconnect the cable. if your gentle when taking the cover off then u will not have to replace the gasket however this rarely happens you will deffianly need to get a new gasket about 4quid. reconnect your new cable and then put the gasket on and be carefull wen putting the casing back on the engine making sure you do not damage the new gasket.
hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
SOURCE: de-restrict an aprilia rs 125
Hate to disagree with tina783, but you may have restrictions in place, there is two on the aprilia rs 125. if your on a L plate then the bike should be restricted to 11.5w of power, which is about 15 bhp, when it's de-restricted should be around 34bhp. First is the power valve or a RAVE Valve as some people call it, have you got one? located on the front of the cylinder body, above the exhaust. some times the body of the power valve is there, but there is a blanking plate is underneath it. If the body of the power valve is missing, then its a blanking plate. need to get a power valve and the control unit and the solenoid, fitting is easy look around the net and you'll find one. The next one is the emissions restriction, which is in place due to italy have a real hard on about thier air. The CDI at the back of the back of the bike needs to removed and then if you look at one side you will see a rubber sealant has been used to fill in one side. You need to dig that out and snap a little piece of the circuit board and then refill the hole with a rubber sealant. try to search the net for a how to do on this you need to look at the pics and see what part of the board needs snapping, don't go blindly into this other wise you will kill the CDI. the bike then will act alot more smoothly in the lower end revs.
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
well thats the battery i guess its not turning the engine over fast enough for it to fire also try bumping it in 2-3 gear if it starts you know ya problem battery if it still doesnt go get back to me buddy
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2017 | 2007 Aprilia RS 125
Mar 18, 2017 | 2003 Aprilia RS 125
Jan 03, 2014 | 2002 Aprilia RS 125
Jun 15, 2011 | 1997 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
Mar 07, 2011 | 2007 Aprilia RS 125
Jan 29, 2011 | 2000 Aprilia RS 125
Dec 12, 2010 | 2000 Aprilia RS 125
Sep 04, 2010 | 2000 Aprilia RS 125
May 18, 2010 | 2004 Aprilia RS 125
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: