Question about 1976 Ducati 860 GTS
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
7. Intake air leak.
8. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, O2, and/or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
For more information about your issue and valuable free downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Club Bevel Heaven
DOWNLOAD 1976 Ducati 860 Gts
Ducati OEM Parts Fiche Lookup and Online Ordering
Posted on Feb 16, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
That's waaay too high ! Very hard on the tranny when you click it into gear at that rpm, find your idle screw and turn it down, should not be over
1,000 at warm idle, info should be in owners manual...good luck to you friend...Tim
Posted on May 14, 2009
There is an hydraulic clutch replacement for the cable on a squarecase engine. No mods needed, just bolt on from memory. Fits a clutch master cylinder from a beltdrive Supersport and a custom slave inside the housing where the normal lever goes.
I will need to find the contact info for the bloke who does them though as it has been a while since I got the info myself.
Contact me at email@example.com
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
SOURCE: loss of power above 3000 rpm
You have a fuel delivery problem. Open the gas cap on the bike & try. This will prove if a vacuum is happening inside the tank (plugged vent). Check fuel filter. Check fuel pump. Check fuel pressure regulator.
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
could be the oil pressure sender, try a new one.
screw a pressure gauge into the sender hole and make sure it has pressure. dont run it long with the light on
Posted on Apr 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2014 | 1978 Ducati 900 SS
Jan 25, 2014 | 1978 Ducati 900 SD Darmah
Aug 29, 2012 | 1998 Ducati 900 SS
Apr 14, 2012 | 1978 Ducati 900 GTS
Jan 30, 2011 | 1978 Honda GL 1000 (K3)
Oct 24, 2010 | 1978 Chevrolet C1500
May 16, 2010 | Ducati 900 SD Darmah Motorcycles
Jun 14, 2009 | 1977 Suzuki GS 750
Mar 24, 2009 | 1978 Ducati 900 GTS
Nov 10, 2008 | 1978 Ducati 900 GTS
Sep 25, 2017 | Motorcycles
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: