Question about 1999 kawasaki ZZR 1100
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2015 | 1990 kawasaki ZZR 1100
Jun 03, 2014 | Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Mar 14, 2011 | kawasaki ZZR 1100 Motorcycles
1. Remove maxi-fuse.
1. Remove left side saddlebag.
2. Gently pull side cover from frame downtubes (no tools
3. Depress latches on maxi-fuse holder and then slide
cover rearward to disengage tongue from groove in fuse
4. Pull maxi-fuse from maxi-fuse holder.
2. Place blanket or protective cover over front of fuel tank to
protect against scratches or other damage.
Remove the handlebar clamp
(FLHR/C/S), NACELLE REMOVAL (FLHR/C), steps 1-
11, or NACELLE REMOVAL (FLHRS), steps 1-7.
WINDSHIELD/HEADLAMP NACELLE (FLHR/C/S) 2.31
Standing at the front of the motorcycle,
use a finger to raise the wireform latch springs on
both sides of the windshield.
2. Gently pull on the top of the windshield until the upper
notches on the windshield brackets are free of the upper
3. Carefully raise the windshield until the lower notches are
free of the lower grommets.
4. Remove windshield from motorcycle.
WINDSHIELD INSTALLATIONTo avoid scratching headlamp nacelle or auxiliary lamp
bracket, be sure that all four notches on the windshield
brackets are firmly seated on a rubber grommet.
1. Standing at the front of the motorcycle, carefully insert
the windshield brackets between the headlamp nacelle
and the auxiliary lamp bracket. Lower the windshield into
position until the lower notches on the windshield brackets
are seated on the lower grommets.
2. Gently push the top of the windshield toward the rear
until the upper notches fully engage the upper grommets.
3. Push down on the wireform latch springs, so that they
overhang the rubber grommets. If some adjustment is
necessary, loosen the retaining screws and rotate the
latch springs into the proper position.
NACELLE REMOVAL (FLHR/C)
1. Remove the windshield. See WINDSHIELD REMOVAL
on this page.
2. Remove the Phillips screw at the bottom of the headlamp
door (chrome ring). Remove the headlamp door.
3. Remove the eight Phillips screws to free the headlamp
housing from the headlamp nacelle.
Remove the instrument nacelle.
UPPER FAIRING/WINDSHIELD (FLTR), INSTRUMENT
Remove the fairing cap.
Remove the outer fairing as follows:
a. Standing at the front of the vehicle, use a T27 TORX
drive head to remove the three outer fairing screws
(with flat washers) just below the windshield.
b. Moving to the inner fairing side, remove the two fairing
screws just above the wind deflectors on the left
and right side.
c. Turn the handlebar to the right and remove the outer
fairing screw reaching in below the left side of the
fairing cap. Turn the handlebar to the left and
remove the fairing screw below the right side of the
d. Tilting the outer fairing toward the front, squeeze the
two external tabs to remove the wire connector at
the back of the headlamp assembly.
e. Lift the fairing (with headlamp assembly) off the
motorcycle.Since the outer fairing screws hold the windshield in
place, the windshield may fall to the floor if not removed.
UPPER FAIRING/WINDSHIELD (FLHT/C/U), FAIRING
CAP, REMOVAL. Remove the radio (or storage box).
4. Remove the left and right handlebar switch controls..
5. Remove upper handlebar clamp screws (with flat washers).
Remove upper handlebar clamps and handlebar.
Just reverse for install. This is all from the maunual and I hope it helps you.
Nov 25, 2010 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHTC - FLHTCI...
Oct 09, 2010 | 1999 kawasaki ZZR 1100
Mar 30, 2010 | 1990 kawasaki ZZR 1100
May 09, 2009 | 1995 kawasaki ZZR 1100
Jan 03, 2009 | 1999 kawasaki ZZR 1100
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: