Question about 1997 Honda Steed
When i press start button bike starts and ticks over perfect but it cuts out after a few minutes but starts right away again
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Faulty fuel pump.
15. Faulty pressure regulator.
16. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
17. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Starts choke but dies with little throttle
Bike starts then dies starts then dies bike starts and runs
Posted on Aug 07, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: engine cuts out
I had a similar problem with my Honda XR. Turned out to be the Ignition Control module. The unit is probably sealed and unable to inspect. I figured it out by hitting it while the motor was running and it would cut out.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
Dont know what the filter got to do with it, but side stand switches are normally closed when retracted, simply wiring the two ends together will give continuity till you get around to repairing the wires which are located on the stand pivot arm, lay bike over and look under, likelihood is wires are damaged around swinging arm area, so you must connect wires prior to break and insulate. PS, disconect battery first.
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2014 | 2001 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Jan 29, 2013 | 1997 Honda Steed
Jun 03, 2012 | Honda NSR 125 Motorcycles
Jan 25, 2011 | 2005 Derbi Senda SM 125 4T
Jun 02, 2010 | 2000 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Sep 15, 2009 | 1993 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Jun 03, 2009 | 1996 Honda CBR 600 F(3)T
Jun 02, 2009 | 2002 Honda VT 600 CD Shadow
Mar 07, 2009 | 1989 Honda XR 600 R
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: