Question about 1985 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Won't start just making a clicking sound
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous before testing any electrical component in the Starting System it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
85 Goldwing 1200 won start GL1200 Information Questions goldwingdocs com
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Honda GL1200D Shop Manual
Honda GL1200 1986 Owner Manual
Posted on Jun 30, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2017 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Interstate Gold Wing
Jul 14, 2014 | 1984 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Jul 08, 2014 | 1984 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Apr 16, 2014 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Jul 07, 2013 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Apr 27, 2013 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Aug 29, 2012 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Oct 16, 2010 | 1984 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Oct 12, 2010 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Feb 20, 2010 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: